Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Welcome to our Humble Home....



Hey, we found a place to live!!! Woohoo! Auckland is pretty expensive and we were starting to get slightly stressed out but we found a place! It is slightly further out from the motorway than we hoped but at least it's a roof over our head. So it looks pretty nice huh? Well I'm just going to burst your bubble.......see the terracotta pot in the middle of the two basement windows?.......Thats our place! It's pretty cute. The owner is a builder and it's just him living there, he took about a month out of work and renovated the basement and it has a brand new kitchen and bathroom. We are really excited. It has the potential of being a bit cold in winter because it is all tiled BUT winter is months away so we are going to try it out then maybe look for a better place when we have more time to think, which isn't happening right now with me and Haydn both sitting exams and getting ready for the wedding.
I hope you guys like it......we are looking forward to having you all visit so I can show you my cooking skills......haha give me a month and I'll have it down.
xxx

8 comments:

Melissa said...

I love it man. It looks fab.
It's a great starter place.
I can't wait to stay there with my little Yukiko Mei.

Kristin said...

just need a couple of rugs, basements are supposed to stay warmer in the winter, if the windows are good. Every young couple has to do their time in a basement apt. We did like 3 years I think.

Kristin said...

PS, Melissa, they'll be on their honeymoon! Surely you can find someplace else to stay!

Melissa said...

Nah nah you got it all wrong Kristin, I'm gonna stay their the two nights BEFORE the wedding. I'm outties AFTERWARDS there's no way I'd stay with them. That'd be horrible.

Kristin said...

I'll say. First timers. Ick.

Jessie said...

ok thanks guys! Lets just stop this conversation right here aye!

Melissa said...

So I think you should be blogging about your experience this last weekend in the temple and what not.
You know this IS a journal or your guys adventures together.
Going to the temple IS an adventure together.

Melissa said...

So are you guys gonna keep it or not?
Me and Kristin will be sad if you don't.