Friday, July 2, 2010

Craft Misson Complete!!!!




Me and my friends have been having regular playdates recently and we always seem to find something fun and productive to do. Melissa spotted Carly's Mums photoboards and decided she wanted to make one, so we made it a project. Now I am one of those people who starts something and then leaves it sitting around in a cupboard, half finished, taking up space. I AM USELESS!
So we met at spotlight and got our materials and I was thinking, GREAT I am going to get this stuff and waste all this money I should just give up now.
I got to Carly's and used the power tools (wahhoooo) to cut out mine and Jackie's boards then we used the staple gun and covered the boards with our material, then it was home time and I thought 'here is where it ends Jessie, don't kid yoursefl you won't touch this when you get home' BUT after I got Grace in bed last night, I DID IT!!!! ..........................ALL OF IT!!!
Snaps for Jessie!
Here is my finished product......it is for Gracies room and it will match the blanket that I..................half finished (surprie surprise) and left with my sister in law in the states to finish............thank goodness for Milz. xx
Jackie and Melissa were slightly skeptical about my choice of ribbon colour haha, but as much as I love them I am glad I ignored them cos I really like they way it turned out.LOL
We had enough board for another smaller board and so I am going to use that one to put all of Gracie's hair ribbons on cos they are too pretty to keep in a box (Craft queen Milz also made those)
Now we just have to keep taking super cute photos of Gracie and her friends to fill the board, shouldn't be too hard!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I don't know what your mates were smoking, those ribbons colours are PERFECT.
Well done Jessie, well done.
I'm glad you've got good mates to do this with, and have fun.
It's so important.
It's gonna look great.

Polkadot Carly said...

I think it looks awesome Jess! The ribbon colours are great! It makes me want to do mine all again. Good on you for finishing it too. Mine is still half done cause I ran out of ribbon, but I still put it up on the wall and AShton loves looking at all the photos on it! Its the first thing he wants to do each time I get him out of his cot!