Monday, November 21, 2011

3 years Crickey

Now you must be thinking some what along the lines of “2 blogs posts in 2 days this is just mayhem” but I will try and be to the point.  It was our 3 year anniversary the other day.  Jessie commented on facebook along the lines of “Happy 3rd Anniversary Haydn Wright three years today and 18 months of that I have been pregnant and moody, I don't know how you put up with me! I love you!!!! Xx”.  I thought to myself “Shucks that’s awesome!”  So let me tell you about the day. 
 
We went out for dinner at Nandos.  Now just for those people that love spicy but haven’t had it in a while, don’t try and be hard and have hot nandos chicken  (I was sweating like a madman and it was quite unpleasant at stages).  After that we thought we would go and get some ice cream.  I think it has been a tradition of ours to get Movenpick ice cream so we did.  As you can most likely tell these first 2 events are just minor details in the awesome story that is about to follow.

We got this cheap deal where it was $14 for a game of bowling each and 10 tokens for Video Games.  Now the bowling was over quite quickly mainly because of my excitement to play some video games.  We played a basketball game where you got tokens at the end of it.  We got 8 for making 42 baskets in minute.  We thought we were we choice.  We went to look what we could get for 8 tokens and all we could get was 1 lollie.  I thought “boy talk about getting your hopes up”.  We ventured on and played a ‘Deal or No Deal’ where you could get 100 tokens.  I was just doing straight No deal for everything.  There where 2 cases left 2 tokens or 70 tokens.  The bank offered us 36 tokens.  Jessie said “Lets take the deal”.  I quickly slammed down No Deal, and next thing 70 tokens were coming out.

We started to look and see what we could get and things started to get more interesting.  There were fluffy toys for 200, games for 100.  We eyed out a Kung Fu Panda toy for 200 tokens.  Now for those that don’t already know I have a talent with those claw machines.  I know when it’s the right time to go for it.  Weeks previous I took Gracie out for the day and came back with a fluffy toy, which amazed Jessie.  So our money tokens were getting thin.  There was a machine that you could win 100 tokens if you picked up the cup.  Sure enough first try, picked up the cup 100 tokens were ours.  We ended up getting the last few token all so we could get Gracie a Cuddly Kung Fu Panda Toy.
 
Point was it was a fantastic night.  I think I even got the comment “Best Anniversary ever!).  I could be wrong but to my memory the last 2 were either not planned or really budget Lol.  Even though I drive Jessie nuts I do love her.  She is like the best Mum I know, she is kind and caring, loves Gracie to bits, and does things, which makes me happy.  Love you heaps babe and can’t wait to grow old with you.



5 comments:

Melissa said...

Man that night sounds awesome.
Talk about perfect man. Everything you guys tried you won or got.
Meant to be.
I just couldn't believe it'd been 3 years and half of that is pregnant LOL
Crack up.
It also means 3 years since I've been home.
That sucks.

Kristin said...

LOL. I don't even know where to start commenting, but let's start with 'talent for claw machines', you have ninja skills for sure!

Happy Anniversary to you both.

Jessie said...

Excuse me Haydn but the last two anniversary's were planned by ME so thanks for that, maybe if you had planned last years like I asked you to I wouldn't have had to throw something together last second so we didn't sit at home doing NOTHING! PLUS, I pretty much suggested what we should do on this one as we went along so I don't think you can take all the credit! But love you too babe it was a great night, I wish we had photos xxx

Llew said...

hahaha, brought back memories of the mission when i had the gift for the claw game too. must run in the family!! i even saw this one in japan @ this place where u could challenge to pick up crayfish!! cost too much tho... Happy anniversary to u guys & hope to see you in the new year if you come down!

Anonymous said...

Hi Haydn and Jessie,
that sure was a good read, im glad you guys told me to read it. Lol, yeah that game deal or no deal can get pretty intence, all risk taking. Anyway was great seeing you guys this week, and hopefully a baby soon!
hulmes