Monday, January 23, 2012

Christchurch

Our Summer Holiday was great.  It was nice to get away and enjoy time away from Auckland.  It was difficult at time with a young family but we were still able to see and enjoy a lot of things.  Christchurch did look like a bomb site.  A whole area of town was red zoned and houses were boarded up and it was just shattered.  There was a quake when we were down there but slept right through it.  For me it was going back to farm life that I loved.  I just couldn't get enough of the outdoors.  So here are some pictures and a short movie of our memories down in Christchurch.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Looks like it was tons of fun.
Great post.

Anonymous said...

Cant get enough of these trailors haydn, they are awesome. That 4 wheeler does look fun, im just not confident driving them after our "episode" with the electric fence. Our family are thinking of going to chch this christmas, as delwyn is too, whats your guys plans? Talk to you soon
sez

Leo said...

Hi Wrightee Bunch! The Whare kids are loving your vids Haydn, (me too) they said they are really funny and love seeing Gracie. I'm going to give this a try, what video editing software do you use? Keep up the good work! Whares in Kal x

Jessie said...

Hey Leonie! We just use iMovie, you have a Mac don't you? how is Kal going? do you have a blog? if you do send me the address xxx

Leo said...

hey Jess! I would love a Mac, saving up for my own :) Kal is good, kids started back at school and they love it, it's great. It's awesome having Terry and Sof here to! Just started my blog as a family scrapbook for my new years res and I'm loving it, should have started years ago! Now I have to go through all our old digital pics and get up to date on the scrapbook thing. This is my blog http://leowharemate.blogspot.com.au/2012/02/little-surfer-boy.html