Thursday, May 2, 2013

Date Night - I'm from Auckland!


With the pressures arising from my fan club to produce a blog I thought I better get on to it. There has been a lot happen of late but let me draw your attention to date night in Napier. Now we went to go watch Ironman 3 and it was epic, loved it hard out, but that is not a part I would like to illustrate. Now me not being from Auckland I know everyone hates Aucklanders.  There is just something about them that everyone hates.  So in public situations I aim not to mention it at all and blend in with the locals.  Jessie on the other hand it's every other sentence. Let me explain… Hi I’m Jessie from Auckland can I please get some tickets to see Ironman,,, Hi I’m Jessie from Auckland where are the potatoes,,, Hi I’m Jessie from Auckland is 105 customers a lot down here cos I’m from Auckland and we go through thousands.  As you can start to see we cant get through talking to people about Jessie letting them know that she is from Auckland. I was quite humiliated because I could see it on their faces (Aucklander!!!). I explained the situation to Jessie and seemed to be a mocking point for the night haha. Enjoy… plenty of blogs to follow



6 comments:

Melissa said...

So is she gonna stop? Or keep getting the stare down beat downs by everyone NOT from Auckland and she roll with it?
I wanna see that movie.

Jessie said...

Whatever Haydn you know it isn't like that, I only said it to the checkout guy cause I wasn't sure if he meant that 105 customers was heaps or only a little bit. I guess the reason you didn't ask me to proof read this is cause you are mocking me. Hey, I'm Jessie from Auckland and I know how to SPELL!

Kristin said...

LOL. Yep, she has a point Haydn, at least Aucklander's can spell and use proper grammar.

Other than that, I totally didn't understand this post. Why do people hate Aucklander's, and where is Napier, like the sticks? I'll ask Melissa to explain. I thought I understood NZ culture pretty well, but there is always something on your blog that stumps me! lol.

Dru said...

Thank you for the new post...it's been a long time coming, I'd almost given up on checking. haha. keep the posts coming, I'm from Boise.

Is it normal to announce where you're from in casual conversation, such as purchasing tickets?

Dru said...

June 2 is fast approaching, lets see if you can make two posts in a single month...

Dru said...

You got me all excited...only to click and find date night still up.