Sunday, March 30, 2014

Love ya backyard Cricket?

If I was to think back to my childhood and in the realm sport there are a few thoughts that come to mind. Our 3 hole golf course in our backyard (yes it was big enough), our american gridiron games (especially the move cords), and backyard cricket. We loved it with a passion and were always out there playing games.

It looked like this

In the garden on the full was out. Over the fence was 6 and out. Kill mutts had the wickets painted on it. The two black circles were barrels that would freeze over in the winter.


I used this story to my benefit and went in a competition explaining what I wanted and why. And whaddayaknow who is getting a free cricket set? I was stoked as. You know what though every time you buy one from the warehouse or K-mart the wickets are as high as your knees, the ball is rubbish, and the bat will break in a day. Not this one though it's the real deal.

I just wanted to celebrate this and thought it was a good memory to remember. 

Plus with all these Journal posts about Dad I thought it was only fit that I continue in my own journal records.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Tell us more about this competition?
I'd love that set for the kids over here.

Ash... said...

Looks like a nice set Haydn. Should bring it down for a game of bat down lol. I love that game!

Kristin said...

Congrats, and congrats on the promotion too!