Tuesday, September 27, 2011

The New Zealand Warriors


Ever since the NZ Warriors entered the NRL comp,  I ditched my beloved Brisbane Broncos and became a fan.  They made it into the finals in 2002 only to be beaten by the Sydney Roosters.  This year has been a ripper.  To set the scene I had tickets to the All Blacks vs France game.  I knew the warriors were playing that night too.  As we were packing into the bus like a can of sardines I heard someone say "12-6 Warriors".  I has like "seriously" and rubbed my hands together quickly like you would if you were warming them up on a cold winters day.   Then I heard "12 all" and the nerves got the better of me.  Now this was a must win game, loose and its a 'better luck next year'.  The last I heard on the Bus was "14-12 warriors, half time".  I go home and turn it on and my heart was racing.  It was so intense I thought I was going to put myself into cardiac arrest.  With 3 mins to go the Warriors pull off an amazing try and seal the Victory.  Now you are probably thinking 'Crickey I wanna watch this game!'  So here is the link.  Watch it and enjoy.  Grand Final this week baby!!!  Go the Warriors!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

LOL
Loving it and loving the hand rubbing.