Sunday, October 16, 2011

No your Dad is a clown!





Let me tell you a story.  As a family we decided to go down and see all the RWC activities down at the water front in Auckland City.  We came across a balloon maker and Jessie insisted I lined up to get one for Gracie.  I waited patiently until it was my turn and asked the girl "So did you have to go to school to learn this or watch youtube?"  She said "a DVD actually".  I responded "Was it hard?" She replied "nah quite easy".  I thought to myself "hold up a second, I have the potential to be the coolest Dad on the block?"  So I did it.  Mum got me Balloons and off I went.  Now Gracie got a flower so I thought I would start there.  Then I thought to myself "Ohhh a Sword would be cool".  Then I got the comment "Oh you will never be a real Balloonist until you can make a dog".  I said to myself "I'll show you a Balloonist!"  So there ya have it.  I am really happy with myself to be honest.  I can hear the stories now "So what does you daddy do Gracie?"  "He can create anything you want out a Balloon"  "Wow can I be your friend cos your Daddy is the coolest Dad I know".  Even when its her Birthday I'll be making Balloons like there is no tomorrow.





2 comments:

Melissa said...

Pretty much, coolest Dad ever.
Where the story about the down town sites?

Kristin said...

to quote Melissa, "Sweet as..." Sweet as what, I've never been able to figure out. Must be a Kiwi thing? You all know what 'it's' as sweet 'as', right?

PS. Do you hire out?