Wednesday, June 22, 2011

'The Not So Happy Meal'

I went into work today to say goodbye and drop off my access keys etc, and we got a little bummed out, nobody was really around and if they were they were all busy. I was feeling a bit blah, Gracie was just being so good and quiet, and I didn't really want to go home and look at the same four walls again for the rest of the afternoon, so I decided we would go and find a MacDonalds with a playhouse and have a bit of a Mummy Daughter date.
Gracie had her first proper Happy Meal and only ate the chips (backfire lol) we were sitting right in the sun and Gracie was looking a little tired, she choked on a chip and I was helping her then BAM here it ALLLLLL comes, she had set the gagging reflex in motion. She emptied her entire stomach contents on her, my legs, the floor and the chair next to her. She hadn't been acting unwell so I just put it down to her being so hot in the sun (Me and my Brother throw up when we oevr heat) The thing I don't understand is, why it is that Mum's first reaction is to try and catch it with their hands, I mean seriously, are we really gonna catch it all by cupping our hands?
So I am sitting there in a daze with hands full of puke and I just have NO idea what to do, Gracie doesn't seem phased AT ALL and nobody seems to have noticed yet. I try and pour it all into one hand and I run over and get as many serviettes as I can. The cleaning lady was so nice and noticed I was struggling so came and helped me, I kept telling her I had it sorted and I didn't expect her to clean up my child's spew but she kept going and I was so grateful to her. I took all Gracie's clothes off, wiped her down with baby wipes and plonked her on the bench seat and me and the lady kept going. It all got cleaned up eventually (although not so hygienically I wanted to try and find the spray and wipe after and clean it up properly, maybe this kind of thing happens all the time and they don't really care, let's just say I don't really trust MacDonalds anymore) and when I turned round Gracie was standing there in her Nappy and nothing else dipping my chips into the sweet and sour sauce and loving life. That's when everybody started staring, I wanted to gesture with my hands that she had thrown up and that's why she was half naked but I thought that might put people off their food so I just got out the spare clothes and ignored them.
So much for a nice relaxing lunch with Gracie, I had promised her (not that she understands) that I would take her to the playground, so after she finished my chips off we went. She couldn't play on ANYTHING it was all way too old for her and we had to leave, BAD PLAN MUMMY so all in all I'm not really feeling much better about this day. Poor Gracie. Poor Mummy.

7 comments:

Kristin said...

oh no. That sucks Jess. Sorry. I do the same thing, every single time-- cup my hands and hope it'll work. It never does. I wonder why I haven't come up w/ a back up plan for that by now? lol.

How's the pregnancy going? Is it twins? Do you know yet?

Melissa said...

Oh no.
That's pretty stink.
I've done the 'cupping hand' thing.
I'm not sure why but it's just the gut reaction right?
It's great you had extra clothes and tons of wipes.
I don't even know if I'd have that.
I used to with Masaru..........poor Takeshi would be outta luck.

Jessie said...

I thought of you Kristin afterwards cos I remember you blogging about cupping your hands, it's so STUPID.
Not twins, find out the sex in two weeks.
And Melissa sometimes forget to pack the spare clothes lucky I was onto it today!
I'm on a blogging roll I just blogged Gracie's first birthday too, from march LOL

Polkadot Carly said...

BAHAHAHA!!! You crack me up! Its just one of those days when the bad gets worse and it just snowballs from there. Its at that point you just have to laugh... out loud! Cause if you cry, you won't be able to stop.

NSCorb said...

d'oh, sorry about the gross experience! good news about having the scan to look forward to!

Crystal said...

this is a great post : ) I didn't really think you had to carry round spare clothees when they were one, thought that was a baby thing (shows how much I know). So thanks Jess - lessons for Crystal - 1) pack spare clothes 2) lots of wipes 3) don't bother cupping hte spew, just face the child in another direction?? : ) xxx you're a fab mum

llew said...

Lets hope that when she gets older that she dosent swap the chip for the back of a tooth brush!!