Sunday, February 12, 2012

The Mum Challenge





I recently read a book called 'You Sexy Mother' (I know! I think it was written by a Mormon too!) anyway it was great, it's all about how to make being a stay at home Mum a more enjoyable and fulfilling exerience. It's great. She has a ten day challenge at the end of the book and I am currently on day one. Day one requires you to sit down by yourself, no distractions and write down a list of things you aren't happy with and needs changing, for example, Marriage, Body, Housework etc. Then next to the heading you have to come up with a positive statement that you would like to BECOME true for that heading, for example next to my heading 'Body' I have written - I have given birth twice but my wedding dress still fits. This is not true but this is what I would like to BECOME true so this is what I have written down. They then say to get together an inspiration board full of photos, pictures and quotes that are going to help inspire you to make these statements, true statements, but who has time for that? I am just using my pinterest. I just logged on to check it out and maybe rearrange or create a few new boards to match my headings and I found this challenge. Once a week she will give us a new challenge to do with our kids to help improve our relationships. This fits in nicely with my heading for 'Kids', my statement to go with this and which I want to become true is - I make a mess and don't stress because we have fun, I schedule them in, plan activities and invest time in THEM because that is why I am a stay at home Mum.
I find that with everyday life at the moment I am just going with the flow I am just keeping my house clean, and my kids fed and happy I don't really have any type of weekly plan to help them learn before I send them off to school and I would like that to change.
So I have decided that I can kill two birds with one stone, blog once a week AND invest more time in my children. If you want to follow along and do this on your blogs feel free, every Monday I will post the new challenge for the week and update on the previous challenge. I am one week behind but I will do two in one week, last weeks challenge was to eat together as a family for one whole week with no interruptions (it actually says at least three times this week but I think we can do everyday) and this weeks challenge is to Slow Down.
So stay tuned and I will let you know how it goes.............



2 comments:

Melissa said...

Sounds great.
We eat together every night so this one sounds like it'll be dable for me this week and at this stage of my prengnacy.
Good luck Jessie.
I love it.

Crystal said...

sounds cool jess - I probably need to do something like this. I like what you said about "this is the reason I am a stay at home mum"...good food for thought.