Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Joshie Boy Turns One

I know we have already posted our 12.12.12 photo but here are some more photos of Joshie's special first birthday.




Gracie found it hard to come to terms with it being Joshie's birthday, NOT hers.



Of course after opening all the toys, the balloon got the most attention!


Screen shot, good timing, Phew!


This little cutie Charlotte (Charly) is only a few months older than Josh and they could be twins. Whenever I am around her I totally get that rush of endorphins and can't help but smile, just like when I am around Joshie, funny how our brains work aye?!


This is the birthday table.




Summer and Joshie, the guests of honour


The party guests, (left to right) Summer Higgins, Hunter Lock, Joshie, Lucy Down, Breana Tata, Charlotte Reid.


All of the Mum's I invited had two kids. I suggested to all the ladies that we get babysitters for all of our  toddlers..........IT.WAS.HEAVEN.
We stuck a whole heap of paper to the floor and laid out crayons and we also filled a play tent with balls and they were entertained for the whole party!
One of the Mums was standing at the table and thought...'stuff standing up, I'm pulling up a chair"
Within five minutes we all had chair around the buffet table and we stuffed our faces and laughed for a good hour. Its was so great to get that time out.

I seem to also have started a new tradition for my kids first birthday cakes................they suck!
Gracie's first birthday cake was a disaster, Joshie's was no exception. Gracie's Second Birthday cake was GREAT so I am hoping to follow the pattern for Joshie's second.
I feel like a horrible mother.
Oh well, it tasted ok.

Later on my family came over for cake and presents and once again, the cozy coupe came out and we were throwing the kids down the hill.



This is my nephew Caleb, he is fearless. He did this multiple times and LOVED it!

This next one is Joshie's first time, he wasn't quite as happy about it as we thought he might be.



He had a great day. We love Joshie a lot, he is such a happy, sweet boy and he keeps a smile on all our faces.



1 comment:

Melissa said...

LOl
That video of Joshie going down the hill is crack up, poor kid.
That party looks really awesome Jessie.
I think I'm just making Emi a cake for her first birthday party and not even having anyone over.
In fact Dru asked me last night if he could have a boys night out on that night!!!
Poor Emiko............it's cause she's the 4th child and I"m over it.......
I'll make her a yummy dinner and let her go hard on the cake I guess. Just not invite anyone.........I've already got an idea for the cake.......you'll love it, simple yet effective. Do it with your next ones first birthdays and you'll change your carma on the first birthday cake disaster thing.
If I write a little more this could qualify as a 1000 word essay and you can grade it........